The Tour Salkantay to Machupicchu 04 days 03 nights, is one of the most spectacular routes, which offers us the nature; as you can see part of the chain of mountains of the Vilcabamba with perpetual snow. The Salkantay being the most impressive, because it has a height of 6.270 meters above sea level and is known by the natives as Apu or protective spirit of the entire region.
Day 01: Cusco-Mollepata – Soraypampa.
4:00 a.m. We contact you at your hotel to join the group, will be conducted in private bus to the village of Mollepata which is located to 03hrs of the city of Cusco, at an altitude of 2,800m.s.n.m., in the course of the road you will find beautiful Andean landscapes, towns such as Limatambo, panoramic views of the Apurimac valley, arriving at the place mentioned we will be waiting for the muleteers and staff that will accompany us in the development of the walk.
Breakfast in the village of Mollepata. Then get ready to walk through the Andean communities like Cruzpata in whose interiors farmers with Andean customs, fields of crops, grazing animals and, above all, the Andean geography emerging with its rivers of snow-capped mountains nearby. Finally we will be arriving at the camp called Soraypampa (3.800 m.s.n.m.). Place where the temperature is low for being very close to the Nevado Humantay (5.217 m.s.n.m.), so you are recommended to take; good jacket and sleeping bag. (B, L, D)
Day 02: Soraypampa-Chaullay
6:00 a.m. Our carrier will rouse offering a coca tea in your store, so you can, organize your belongings and immediately go to the dining tent where a complimentary breakfast awaits you comforting as required by the walk; begin to walk by a steep ascent of approximately 3 hours we will reach the highest point, we will be able to watch in all its fullness the mountains Humantay and Salkantay, our path for this day will be in ascent until arriving at the open of Salkantay (4.650 m.s.n.m.), a place of intense cold.
After a brief rest in the open, we look to the left side of the imposing Nevado Salkantay, Apu main of the trip. We took advantage of the enigmatic of the time to do the Inca ritual of the Apacheta made of stones and coca leaf. The reason for this ritual is to thank the spirit of the mountain have reached that point without inconvenience and request permission to continue with a smooth ride. After a short break to resume the descent toward the second campsite called Chaullay or Collpapampa (2.950 m.s.n.m.),in this route we will be able to appreciate the different types of vegetation in the altitudinal floors, the presence of animals such as the vizcacha, the majestic flight of the condor and many other things will make of this unforgettable day.
Day 03: Chaullay – Beach – hydroelectric – Aguas Calientes.
After breakfast, we will begin this day with an unforgettable hike that will see the changes in the altitudinal floors of the landscape. We will descend from 2.950 meters above sea level up to 1.800 meters above sea level we will go from snowy mountains to the interandean landscapes with a variety of flora and fauna of this area, and we will begin to descend to the place called The Beach, where we can observe lush vegetation typical of high and low jungle as they are; different types of ferns, orchids, begonias, grasses, etc., birds of different sizes and colors, insects such as butterflies, mosquitoes and many more.
We will have lunch and rest, then continue by bus to finally get to the Machupicchu hydroelectric plant; place where we will taste the last lunch. Immediately after, we will continue to train travel in space of 1 hour to the town of Aguas Calientes. Reaching accommodation and rest in the hotel as in agreed time, Dinner in a tourist restaurant, celebrating the have reached the goal.
Day 04: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Cusco
The walk starts at 05:00 to get to the 6:00 to the Archaeological Park, ascent in the middle of the vegetation with a duration of one hour. Finally we come to the Sanctuary of Machupicchu, where our local guide will make a tour of the most important sectors of this beautiful Inca Sanctuary, visiting the most relevant parts of the Inca legacy, such as the religious sector, urban sector, the agricultural sector and the steps of a single texture.
After 02 hours of guided, you will have free time to explore the citadel for the places not visited. In time you will return by bus to Aguas Calientes, time for lunch. Then in the afternoon should be directed to the train station to take the that the return to Cusco. On arrival our mobility is waiting for your transfer to the hotel.
The program includes:
- Private transportation Cusco to Mollepata (starting point of the walk) village.
- Professional bilingual mountain guide.
- Camping equipment (tent for 02 persons, dining tent, kitchen tent, mattress, tables and chairs, etc.)
- Team of first aid: first aid kit, oxygen
- Horseman and mules to move the equipment of camp.
- 06 kilos of luggage allowed per person.
- Emergency horse.
- Chef and kitchen.
- Mobility from the beach to the hydroelectric plant.
- Train from the hydroelectric station to Aguas Calientes.
- 02 nights camp.
- 01 night at hotel in the town of Aguas Calientes
- 04 breakfast, 03 lunch, 03 dinner. (Vegetarian option)
- Snack and water boiled every day.
- 01 dinner restaurant in Aguas Calientes last night.
- 01 Bus ticket from the Citadel of Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
- Guided visit.
- 01-ticket tourist train to Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
It does not include:
- Sleeping bag. (they must wear temperatures under 0 degree sleeping bags)
- Last lunch.
- Joined the Huaynapicchu mountain (ask for much earlier)
- Entrance to the hot springs.
- Extra expenses.
- Hotel in Cusco
- Small backpack for transporting items for the day.
- (For any eventuality of change in climate) rain poncho
- Shoes for hiking, warm clothing.
- Flashlight and batteries, camera, hat or hat.
- Sunblock, insect repellent.
- (Optional) water purifying tablets, swimsuit.
- Original passport, and entering the country tab
- Cash in soles and dollars.
- Walking canes. (optional).